1. Players will be placed into groups and ranked according to results in any relevant club events. Each league season will last for about 6 weeks, when players try to play everyone in their group. At the end of the league season new divisions will be drawn up according to results. Full rules on this will be given when the competition starts.
2. Results will be sent in to the L.T.A. to count towards player ratings.
3. Players may enter via the on-line form or the clubhouse list. Closing date for entry is 5th November. There is no entry fee.
4. If you enter it means you are committed to taking part throughout the duration of the league, as it will spoil the event of players who are relegated a division drop out. If players do not play any matches in any league season they will run the risk of being pulled out automatically, unless they have a good reason for not having played. Please only enter if you are going to put the effort into arranging and playing matches.
5. Matches played at weekends with starting times before 1.00p.m. will be 2 short sets with a match tie-break at 1 set all. Matches played after 1.00p.m. weekends or Monday to Friday, either daytime or under lights, may by mutual agreement be 2 conventional sets (i.e. up to 6 games with tie-break up to 7 at 6 games all) with a match tie-break decider at 1 set all.
6. The match winner is responsible for recording the match result on the list in the clubhouse or you can e-mail it to me at JohnH811@aol.com
7. Players are responsible for arranging their own matches and supplying their own balls. Where possible try not to arrange matches at peak club times e.g. Saturday mornings between 9a.m. and 12.00p.m. Also, check the website and notice-boards for home fixtures.
8. The player who arranges the match shall give at least 2 dates for the match to be played. If they are both refused then the player arranging may claim a walkover. The player who arranges the match has choice of surface if both court surfaces are available.
John Hall (Tournament Referee)
Matches are played usually at weekends starting at 1.00p.m. and normally last between 2 and 2 and a half hours. There is a mixture of Saturday and Sunday matches, so if you are generally unavailable on either day please indicate this on your entry form. If you have
very limited weekend availability it would be best not to enter as it only causes headaches for team captains. It would also help team captains if you include a mobile number and an e-mail address on your entry. You can enter either via the on-line entry or by writing yourname on the list in the clubhouse. It would be good to have some new people volunteering to be captains, so please help out if possible. It’s often people who are already doing committee jobs who end up being captains too.
Players of all standards are welcome, but only adults whose membership enables them to play at weekends. Students and juniors with adult status can also enter.
Players are put into squads, each of which has a captain. I will give each captain a fixture list. The captain is responsible for liaising with other captains re match arrangements, and also picking 4 players to form a team for each match. There will be rules to limit the
amount of matches each player can play, to make sure captains can’t pick their strongest players all the time. Players just turn up for the fixtures they are selected for.
There is an entry fee of £5.00 per player. This can be paid by cheque to ‘Barnet L.T.C.’ or by cash to team captains, who then pass on to The Treasurer. This money pays for the match balls.
Each fixture is made up of 6 sets, with players from each team partnering each other against their opposite numbers in doubles. Each player therefore plays 3 sets, 1 with each player in their team.
A full list of rules (including substitutions, which always an issue), fixtures and teams will be published after the closing date. The Closing Date for Entry is 20th October.