Draws and Results
1. All competitors must be full adult members of Barnet L.T.C., intermediates, students or juniors with senior status -
it is not open to weekday members.
2. Finals Day is Saturday 7th July. Please do not enter if you are unable to play on this date. You must be available
all afternoon (from 12.00p.m.), so if you have other commitments this day please don’t enter. Please inform the
Tournament Referee of any holidays etc. you have booked during the tournament period and you will be
advised as to whether you will be able to enter. Players taking long holidays during the tournament has caused
considerable problems in previous years. If players do this without giving notice they are liable to be scratched from
the tournaments, as it is unfair on other competitors. Players must be available to play on both weekday evenings
and weekends. It has caused major problems in recent years when players say they either can’t play during the week
or they can’t play at weekends, so you must have some availability on both.
3. The Closing Date for entries for all events is 19th April. Players who have not paid their club membership
fees before 1 st May will be scratched from all events.
4. The draw will be posted on the notice board on the weekend of 21st/22nd April. It is every player's responsibility to
check the draw to see when they are playing.
5. Both players/pairs are EQUALLY RESPONSIBLE for contacting their opponents. The player(s) who makes contact
must give a choice of at least 3 dates within the play-by dates – at least 1 of these must be a weekend and at least one
must be a weekday. If all the dates are refused then a walkover may be claimed. However, players should try to arrange
matches within the spirit of a club competition and not deliberately try to engineer walkovers – for example, if players
know their opponents are away for 3 days then offering those 3 days is not very sporting! It would also help the smooth
running of the draw if the player/pair who qualify last contact the other players/pair to let them know they have played.
The match winners must write the result up on the draw sheet. Every year delays are caused because results are not
written in. Players may be scratched if they do not write results in as it will be assumed that the match has not been
6. The Tournament Referee is John Hall (Tel: 07713951489 (m), e-mail: JohnH811@aol.com). His decision in all
matters is final.
7. All matches this year will be the best of 3 sets with a tie break at 6-6 in all sets.
8. If you would like to enter a doubles event but have no partner please write `Partner Wanted' on your reply slip. We
will then try to find a partner for you. Please do make an attempt to find a partner, as we cannot guarantee that we can
pair everybody up.
9. You can enter on-line via the website or by writing your entry on the list in the clubhouse.
10. We always aim to involve a wide range of abilities by running ‘A’, ‘B’ and sometimes ‘C’ events depending on
numbers. We will follow the same pattern this year but it is difficult to be specific about every event until numbers are
11. Ratings – Singles results will be sent to the L.T.A. to count towards L.T.A. ratings. In order to count towards
ratings both players in the match must have current L.T.A. ratings and British Tennis Memberships.
12. Please observe the L.T.A. code of conduct in all rounds, not just the finals which are umpired.